Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Year in Review {Aug.-Oct.}

Okay, I'm getting bored with this so perhaps you are as well. Time to wrap it up!

I did enjoy my trip down memory lane along the month of August. There is a small series called Defining Moment. I'm happy to say the couple featured in the posts is still together and still working it out. Thank you Jesus for answered prayers! My favorite was probably Surrender. Recalling to mind that the Lord is in control. He knows the greater plan. He knows what needs to be pruned and what lessons need to be learned. I'm grateful to have been filled with peace and patience as my family is waiting on the Lord and preparing for our next chapter.

I'm struggling lately with forgiveness. Receiving forgiveness. I said in a recent post that it takes a faithful person to repent just once and receive forgiveness immediately. A faithful person indeed. Sometimes it's easy, apologizing for sinning in anger, saying something that offended another, etc. But, there are some things that the devil likes to use to nag us with shame. Shame keeps us from being forgiven. So Septembers favorite is Without fault in His eyes. In particular, this passage here:
"Ephesians 2:4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
That is a powerful verse. If Jesus sees no fault in us after we have repented then why do we carry our heads low and relive our mistakes over and over and over again. So if you are feeling condemned today. Simply ask for forgiveness, repent, just say, "I made a mistake." That's all you have to do. Then Jesus will wash his hands of it and it's gone. You are forgiven, now forgive yourself, and let go of the shame."

Followed by a great little mini series here. My character is still in progress too by the way. In October, I love I remember because I love the hubs. Oh, and this one about my first best friend ever. And, so looking forward to an upcoming lunch date with her and another old but super dear friend. I loved going back over the simple family memories from This is a great, great, great family.

Mallory was pretty ill last week and has since recovered and returned to school. It appears as though it's Hailey's turn now though. So I'm off to nurse an uncomfortable toddler. She isn't five yet, I can still call her that. Prayers for a speedy recovery and restful nights are being requested please. Why do they have such lousy timing? Always choosing 3:30 a.m. to start vomiting! Oy!

1 drops of sunshine:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

We have all been touched by the stomach flu this week and oh.my. YOu are so right - it always seems to be in the midle of the night or early am when the need arises to clean up the vomit... :( UGHH
Enjoying the reviews. :)