Monday, September 22, 2008

Without fault in His eyes

My Pastor at church has spent the recent weeks teaching us about the seasons of Faith. There are different levels of faith and different tests call for a different kind of faith. One of the verses covered yesterday truly spoke to me.

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

It has been my motto, so to speak, in life to never have regrets. I am who I am today because of the decisions I have made in life. The right decisions and the wrong decisions. I am who I am today because of the things that life has thrown at me. I make it a point to intentionally try to forgo feeling ashamed of my mistakes, ashamed of my trials. Whether I am in the midst of a storm because of a series of mistakes I made or because life just happens sometimes, I take the same approach and have the same attitude. I am an open book. If I must endure this time of my life to benefit another person later on, then so be it. If I need to suffer through some things, that suffering is a small part compared to the glory that is given to God in order to support another person through the same or similar situation.

I have spoken previously about a miscarriage I had before my twins were born. Not long after my miscarriage, a very close friend of mine also suffered a miscarriage. I was the first person she called when she got the news. We cried together and I just loved her. I was grateful to have gone through the miscarriage first so I would know what to say and how to attempt to comfort her. My suffering and trials don't compare to what my experience can offer another person. The support, love, compassion, and understanding that can be lent to another person in the midst of their own struggle.

My blog didn't start with that purpose but that is the direction my blog has taken. When I feel led to share a story or an experience in my life through this blog. I am happy to. I trust that my words are guided and those in the midst of struggle can read what God has done in my life and find hope. We are here to serve God and further his kingdom. What can you do today to bless someone? If you know Jesus today and he dwells in your heart, share His good news with a friend or co-worker today.

I can live a life free of shame and condemnation because the bible promises that if I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and repent, turn from my old wicked ways then I am forgiven. I am saved. My sins are as far as as the east is from the west. They no longer exist.

Ephesians 2:4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.

That is a powerful verse. If Jesus sees no fault in us after we have repented then why do we both to carry our heads low and relive our mistakes over and over and over again. So if you are feeling condemned today. Simply as for forgiveness, repent, just say, "I made a mistake." That's all you have to do. Then Jesus will wash his hands of it and it's gone. You are forgiven, now forgive yourself, and let go of the shame.

I will leave you with this...Ephesians 2:2 May the God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

Lana - you are truly and deeply missed as much today as the day we learned you are now with Jesus. Sto Lat princess, Sto Lat! Today we don't cry because we miss you, we celebrate your life and the motto you carried with you; seize life.

2 drops of sunshine:

Tabbie:) said...

Your post spoke right to my heart today.
Thank you.

Joy Junktion said...

I do believe that everything we face in life can be used to advance God's kingdom. You post is truth. God uses our mistakes, our pain, our trials to minister to others. Thank you for sharing your heart and at times your hurt.
Blessings, Cindy