Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Humble, Gentle, Meek, Lowly Part I

I am so excited this morning. I just got a full revelation of why certain things have happened in my life the way they have. I have seasons where I just want to go home. For those of you who have followed my blog for a while know that we have recently (4 months ago) moved into my parent's house because our home was foreclosed on. The house is just a house, it's just four walls. I don't miss the stature that I thought came with owning that house. I miss the feeling of "being home." Most days I am perfectly fine, either because I bury it, but more likely, because God's grace is sufficient and I'm learning to be content no matter the situation.

God started to deal with me on some things which were portrayed in my blog yesterday and they came full circle in my life this morning. God is an awesome God! I love it when I begin to get stirred up about something and he then sends a full blown confirmation with scripture to back it up. I often times watch Joyce Meyer as part of my study time to keep a fresh look at God's word. He uses her messages to speak to me, always. Again, if you follow my blog, this is not news. He used her again this morning to speak directly to my heart and directly to my situation.

I mentioned yesterday that I was willing to endure trials in my life to bring glory to God and benefit others. Today, I learned why we need to live through times of brokenness.

If we have too many blessings we become haughty, full of ourselves, think we can do it on our own, that we're better than others, and in doing so we treat people poorly and devalue them. Been there, done that, bought the book. Anyone else?

We need a balance of blessings and trials. That is why Paul was so full of faith in all circumstances, he learned to do both because he knew he needed both. That is why Paul was able to be content in every situation.

The alabaster box must be broken in order to smell the sweet perfume.

Matthew 26:26 NIV
As they were eating, Jesus took some bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "take this and eat it, for this is my body."

One of the most famous scriptures. There is a revelation that Joyce taught in her message this morning. A message within the message. Jesus wants to bless us and he wants to give us to the world. But, in the middle, parts of us must be broken. Not destroyed but areas need to be broken off.

It says in the bible that Jesus told Peter that satan wanted to "sift" him. Satan wants to sift us all. He wants to distract us, break our faith, get us out of church, and keep us busy. But, Jesus told Peter "I pray that your faith will not be broken." Jesus was telling Peter I pray for you, I want to bless you, but there is a trial ahead and I won't stop it but I pray you make it through. When we endure a trial or an attack, we come out changed so we can then help others.

We are more patient, we no longer feel full of pride and better than anyone else but are humble. In order to be used by God people need to like us. In order for people to like our personalities, we need a God-like personality, we need to be humble, gentle, meek, and lowly.

Matthew 11:28-30 NIV
Then Jesus said, "come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."

Jesus is saying anyone can come to me and I'll make you feel better. Don't we want people to think that of us?

Humility, gentleness, meekness, and lowliness are all fruits of the spirit. How do we get it, do we already have it, how do we develop it? Learn, later this week.

1 drops of sunshine:

Tabbie:) said...

Again.
Are we in the same boat here.
I am praying we both make it through. Sounds like you are definately making it and making it with strength to pull others(me) along as well.
So encouraging and Again just what I needed this morning.
Thank you. Keep sharing I am learning.
Tabbie