Thursday, January 8, 2009

Year in Review {May}

What a perfect time for a recap! As much as I think I've learned and accomplished this year, I am suddenly reminded of how far I have yet to go. The first post in May was an apology to the hubs titled For My Patient Husband. I am disappointed with how much I can still resonate with where I was that morning. Where I still am today. The very good news is the hubs is the same, ever patient, ever loving, did I say patient? Yeah, he's got patience covered!

We are continuing with The Love Dare. The first challenge exercised our patience. I was thinking how silly this was going to be to have a challenge each day then move onto the next. You need to repeat an act for 30-40 days before it becomes habit so how is this going to work. Well, as we progress we have learned that the dares carry over from day to day. Each dare isn't simply for one day but for the following days we continue to progress through the book. So now I'm going to have to create a list of dares to help keep myself in check. Todd will easily breeze through this devotional if the end is anything like the beginning. He is a good person, a good husband, and a good father. I'm the battered and bruised one that needs all the work! Oh how change is so not fun!

Moving on, this one was ooooh sooo goood! If I don't say so myself! But, I don't take credit. Often times when I go back and read the words I've written, it's new to me. I'm so wrapped up in the spirit and moving from thought to thought so quickly that my posts don't always stick with me. A good reminder of how to get what we seek for our lives.

To quote this post: "You know you're surrendered to God when you rely on God to work things out instead of trying to manipulate others, force your agenda, and control the situation. You let go and let God work. You also know you're surrendered when you don't react to criticism and rush to defend yourself. Surrendered hearts show up best in relationships. You don't edge others out, you don't demand your rights, and you aren't self-serving when you're surrendered." Taken from The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. Okay, I found something I can cross off the prayer list!

This post I think is my favorite from May. It was a sweet reminder of the things I love about myself, during a season where self-love has eluded me. And, a fresh reminder that I am a creation of the Lord. He didn't make any mistakes here and though there are improvements to be made, he loves me already.

I am His princess and my hubbies too! Oh and the kids seem to think I hung the moon too. So what's my problem with me then? Urgh!

0 drops of sunshine: