Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm way too complicated for that

I've been avoiding my own blog! I was tagged for a meme by Kelly and I'm supposed to summarize myself in six words! I'm way too complicated for that! Yeah! I knew it'd happen that way; I just found my six words! Whoo hoo! When I began this post I only intended to tell you I was stumped and couldn't come up with six words and would return later to write my memoir, but instead, I found them.

Here are the rules for the meme.

1. Write the title to your own memoir using 6 words.
1. Post it on your blog.
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
1. Tag five more blogs.

I am so many things to so many people, there are so many facets to my personality, and there are so many gifts, talents, and hobbies I want to explore.

I am a child of God, wife, mommy, daughter, sister, friend, cousin, aunt, woman, girl scout leader, and even role model. I have a lot of people depending on me.

I am shy and introverted but on the inside I am joyous, boisterous, and happy. I am mature and set a good example for my children but at heart I'm a wild child. I am happy-go-lucky, spunky, moody, down-to-earth, friendly, caring, loyal, compassionate, very serious, and that is just the tip of it.

I love spending time alone in God's presence, I love praise and worship, I love photography, I love writing, I love scrapbooking, decorating, fashion, new clothes, I love music, sewing, dinner parties, shoes, purses, new clothes, shoes, purses, (he he) and so many things; I wish I could function 24 hours per day to enjoy.

But, what I've noticed most about myself lately, I'm changing. I am more serious than ever and more diligent than ever about my walk with God. About ensuring I get time alone with Him every day. I'm serious about having constant conversation in addition to my prayer time. I'm serious about "walking with a big grin, singing with my eyes closed, lifting up my hands." One of my favorite songs by MercyMe (I Worship You).

As a result of my diligence some things are beginning to fall off and get replaced with joy. I had the best Saturday this weekend. Not much in the way of excitement but I was just so full of joy. My husband and I had wrestling matches and tickle contests. I bought skittles for my girls. I was genuinely joyful. I am most excited about the direction my life will be taking next. I am excited about burning off the serious when it isn't necessary and walking in joy!

The Lord has been working on me in the way of finances and the loss of our home through the toilet seat, scripture, worship music, and messages at church and it all clicked into place on Mother's day. I get it! God really knew I'd be here and he has a plan for my future! I don't cry when I pack up boxes anymore. I'm so excited for the next set of open doors he has for us. I quit crying a few weeks ago because I laid it at the cross. He removed my anxiety but the joy didn't come until this Sunday because it all clicked. The joy to move, the joy for what is up ahead, the joy for all that he is, has done for us, and the ways he will continue to provide. As much as I'd love to say "I'm completely surrendered" I'm sure there are areas where I'm not, but I am so much closer than I ever have been before. Only God can do that! I'm a living miracle of what he can do in a person's life, to a person's heart.

So while I still haven't discovered all of who I am, I'm at least aware of the obvious. I'm complicated. That is exactly how He created me!

Now I tag...

Erica
Angie
Wendi
Brooke
Pioneer Woman

3 drops of sunshine:

Anonymous said...

Now out of all of that kari, which 6 words did you find??? You never listed the 6 words! LOL! And I will return later during a quiet moment in my day to respond again...because you have touched a parallel place in my heart...once again:)

Brooke said...

I love tags..... I will hop on that after i fry my brain editing another sen. :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh fun! I'll get to it soon. Only 6 words does present a challenge..but I'm up for it! :)
Interesting, I would not have taken you for an introvert at all! :)
Fun learning new things about blogging friends!
By the way, I thought your 6 words were very witty and i got them right away!