Monday, January 12, 2009

Year in Review {June}

Ouch! This was painful to read but still, my favorite from June. Our family is still intact, our love for each other and the bond we have is still my greatest possession. We have come to make a new place "home." Although it is a temporary place it is still none the less, home. The kids are already anxious for what is ahead. A new city, a new school, etc. But, the truth is, we haven't been released yet so we don't yet know what the Lord has in store for us or where. We continue to plug away at the financial issues that come with us and rebuild a new financial future for our family.

In the here and now, I've enjoyed my reading in Matthew so far. In chapters 5 & 6 Jesus speaks a lot about just how much he loves us. I wanted to share a few verses that spoke to me for one reason or another.

Well if you been tuned in for a while you know that I've recently been estranged from what used to be my closest friend. With that came distance with some other friends as well. The uncovering of this ordeal taught me a lot of life lessons and a lot about the people I called my friends. So this verse helped me relax a bit because I was not put here to be a people pleaser but to be a God please and a helper and servant to people. I am to be kind and loving and make myself available and do everything in my power to serve people, to love them, and be an example of God's love. If they don't want it, if they don't accept me for me, then it's still all good. Matthew 5: 11 NLT God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven.

No, it isn't easy being rejected by those you held close. Stings more at the idea that they have convinced themselves that it is because of one thing or another that you have done when in reality it is because of how I choose to live my life. When I was a free-spirited sinner there was all kinds of love, now, not so much.

Matthew 6:14 NLT If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your father will not forgive your sins. My two cents, forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves, not the one being forgiven. Why spend your days quarrelling and worrying and carrying anger and resentment around for a person(s) who doesn't care.

Matthew 6:31-33 NLT talks about how we can often fret about our needs, finances, what we'll eat, clothing, shelter, etc. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly father already knows your needs. Seek the kingdom of God above all else and live righteously and he will give you everything you need. God provides for those who put him first.

Matthew 7:9-11 talks about how a parent bestows upon their children their wants and needs. If we as earthly parents are able and willing to provide in such a way for our children then surely our heavenly father who IS love and loves us all beyond our comprehension surely wants to bless us immensely more than we are able to do for our own children.

It is my prayer that I continue to be aware of God's promises for us. That I learn to stop resisting his blessing and learn to just receive. Receive blessings, forgiveness, and a full revelation of his love.

1 drops of sunshine:

Joy Junktion said...

I've been away from bloggy for awhile. I just stopped by to say hi and I hope I will be able to get caught up with your blog by the weekend. Have a great week.
Cindy