Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A year in review and I hit 100 posts!

This will actually make 102! Wow! Well, it's Christmas Eve. My favorite day of the year. Family, food, old family tradition, the sparkle of a child's eye, romance, laughter, fond memories, missed loved ones, and this year, a white ground full of deep, deep, snow.


I wanted to take some time to look back on where I've been this year and pull out my favorite posts, one from each month. My favorite from January '08 is my first. The photos are downright dreadful compared to how much I've grown this year. Still, they are some of my favorites. They mark how much I've grown and in so many ways this year.


In January, I knew I was beginning a new trend for my life. A new road. I had no idea in January just where that road would lead me in the months ahead. Months of rain. Hardcore, thunderstorm, hurricane, type rain. But, as I look back on the past twelve months and consider the challenges, stages, and phases, I know my grass is greener. I am stronger. I have a friendship with Jesus. I have a more intimate relationship with Him. I am more mature. I have been refined in the fire.


I'm looking forward to the journey I'll take over the next two weeks or so as I read my own blog, all 100 posts from my first year. I hope this will serve as a nice summary for those that are new to my blog and a tender reminder for those who have been along for the ride since day 1.


To my blog friends, those I've not yet met in person, thank you for your e-mails, comments, kind words, and especially your prayers this year. You have seen me through the toughest season of my life! For my friends and family that know me personally, I also want to thank you for the tremendous support you have also been this year. It is due to many of you that I have been shaped into the person I am today. For the first time in my life, I like me for me, more than ever before.


Here is my favorite January '08 post: http://findingmyplaceinthisworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/new-year-new-outlet.html


I want to close with a big Merry Christmas to you all! Take a minute, regardless to how well you know Him, and thank Jesus for his birth, for what came of his future, and all he has done and will continue to do for all of us! My favorite Christmas song, which I cannot get through without a good ole' ugly cry! And, my favorite Christmas image so far.

0 drops of sunshine: