Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Here in the grand state of Michigan we are getting hammered with snow; 1-3" every hour to be exact. So all the kiddos are home from school and won't be returning until after the new year. I'm looking forward to having the kids and the hubs home from work/school for a couple of weeks but I can also feel the cabin fever coming on. I'm sure there will be lots of sledding going on, especially at Grandma's on Sunday.

As Christmas approaches and the year winds down I am ever so grateful. I'm really looking forward to this coming week. I have lunch and dinner dates with sweet friends. Sunday will be shared at my mother-in-laws where we'll be cooking and getting ready for Christmas Eve, eating some divine mexican food prepared by my sister-in-law, and celebrating my nieces 12th birthday. They grow up so fast!

We always share Christmas Eve with family at my mother-in-laws house where the table always overflows with all things Polish. And, everything from the sides, to the main dish, to dessert is always made from scratch. If your eating an old family favorite, especially if it was a favorite of Lana's you'll find a dash of tears as well. We will always miss her and never forget just how truly gorgeous she was both inside and out.

As part of our Christmas Eve tradition, we share Oplatek. All people in attendance break bread together. The first year we did this, it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. It stretched me so far out of my comfort zone, I thought I might get sick. Now, it's definitely one of my favorite things!

So in the spirit of family, good friends, and good food, I wish you and yours a very merry Christmas! I am thankful to live in a place where we have the freedom to celebrate Jesus on the day of his birth and each and every day! May his name be glorified this season!

On a bit of a side note, I am thankful for the decision that was press released today regarding the bail-out loan for the automakers. The Lord is my source and provider. But, for so many that don't know him, that don't bring their tithes into the storehouse, and live under the hedge of his protection, they would have been ruined. I am grateful for the hundreds of thousands of families who have just received God's grace. I pray that seeds and revelation be sewn into their lives so they know God is their source and provider and he just saved a whole bunch of booties!

2 drops of sunshine:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Kari ~ I hope your wonderful family has a great Christmas. We just got back from sledding a little bit ago and the kidletts had SO much fun. :) All of this snow is amazing!

It sounds like you have many wonderful family traditions to look forward to. Sounds delicious and heartwarming.

Preston said...

I am happy to hear that the bailout is helping your family. I wanted to stop by and wish you and yours the Merriest of Christmases and a bright new year!