Friday, December 26, 2008

Year in Review {February}

My favorite post in February is A marriage retreat that focused on me?

This was an important gathering for my husband and I. It was where we learned that we love each other profoundly and we are each deeply committed, but, we have been speaking different languages. We still need to finish getting through The Five Love Languages to complete this area because we each give and receive love in different ways.

It was also the time I realized that writing is really where it's at for me, for this season. It reaffirmed our belief that we will one day be part of some type of ministry down the road. And, it was also the beginning of what would become a year-long lesson and theme in my life.

"A little lesson I've learned in this whole process (the thing that completes my circle) is that who I am, my worth, my value is not measured in someone else’s opinion of me, or even my own opinion. My worth is determined by how God sees me and according to his word I am a new creation, I am righteous (he sees me as an example of his righteousness), faithful, etc. Though there may not currently be outward evidence of it, His word has the power to perform exactly what God says I am! I am complete in Him! Every scripture that reads "in him," or "in Christ" is an example of who I truly am in Christ, how he sees me. There are 130 of them; I'm off to find a few more!"

The above paragraph led me to find many scriptures over this year that helped me claim revelation and insight as to how Jesus sees me, feels about me, and just how important I am to him. I'm sure as you continue with me my year in review you'll easily discover how hard the Lord has worked to teach me this year. I'm still a work in progress, I'm not there yet. But, I have certainly learned many valuable life lessons this year. Some I continue to work on, others were hardcore-only-need-to-go-through-that-once, kind of lessons and I won't be repeating those mistakes!

I'll leave you with the scripture that I have clung to this year...
Romans 12:2 NLT
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

0 drops of sunshine: