Friday, January 16, 2009

Writer's Workshop: 1. Describe your significant other's most attractive quality (on the inside).

Mama Kat's at it again with another workshop.
The Prompts:
1.) Describe your significant other's most attractive quality (on the inside).
2.) Tell about a time you stole something.
3.) Choose a poem you like. Take the last line and use it as the first line of your own poem.
4.) Write about a scary encounter with one of your old professors.





This is interesting timing for this particular prompt because I have spent a lot of time lately reflecting on the kind of person my husband is and the example he sets before us. Todd's most attractive quality can be summed up in Love. Loving is the best possible way to describe how and why he is who is to everyone who meets him. Love embodies so much, patience, kindness, forgiveness, the ability to give hope, and the most important aspect of Todd is his selflessness.

Todd puts the needs and even the wants of his family above his own. In an argument he is the first to apologize, although 99% of the time, he is not the one at fault. He is not jealous or envious of those around us and has no desire to collect the things of the world to satisfy our needs. He is a man of God and the spiritual leader of our home. He is very giving of his time and energy and rarely says no to a request for ice cream, a foot rub, or to spend our entire evening together running his fingers through my hair. He always knows just what to say. The delivery may come off a bit harsh sometimes but in the end you can count on him to give you good, solid, biblical advice in a no nonsense fashion. Not that he tries to offend anyone in the process, he just happens to be a straight-to-the-point kinda guy.

Todd is an amazing father and adores each of his daughters fully. He is patient with our only son and spends the essential time with him to connect with Tyler and direct him. We sometimes disagree with finding just the right way to approach Tyler and handle criticism and punishment but I know that it is only because Todd doesn't want Tyler to experience the same troubles he did when he was young. What I love most about the kind of father Todd is, is that he is so fun-loving. He has always been so easy going with each of them. He's the one always willing to race Tyler down the street, jump in the pool with them, and he's always good for a wrestling match.

Todd is a man that is true to his word. He is trustworthy. He is ambitious. What I want most for my Todd is for his dreams to become a reality. I am who I am today because of his unconditional love and support. I fall short of that often times but I look forward to our future and all that God has in store for us. Todd carries a very heavy burden of being the sole provider for a wife and five children. He is not in a situation where he takes the idea of risk lightly. I appreciate that about him so much but Todd hasn't always been that way. God's grace has always been upon him. Each time he found himself in a bind God would pull him through. My dad likes to say Todd is the only person he knows who can fall in a pile of poop and come out smelling like a rose. It's just that way for Todd.

So what I want my husband to know is I trust you. I trust the Lord to direct you. I will follow. You have dreams and ambitions stewing and building inside you. Don't be afraid to take a risk. Each challenge in our lives has brought us closer together and strengthened our bond. And, most importantly, God has always had your back! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! Trust him, take a leap! We're right behind you!

3 drops of sunshine:

Todd said...

:'( Crying my eye's out.....I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU. You are such an amazing women and I'm so blessed to have you as my wife. THANK YOU.

God thank you for blessing me with Kari!

Tabbie:) said...

OH my goodness, I thought I was in tears over your sweet post about your husband and the way you encouraged him and then end. Then I come to leave you a comment and there is one from him that made me cry harder. Oh my goodness. God is SO good.
Yall are Blessed, thank you for showing us so we can be blessed too.

KatBouska said...

Ohhhh...he's so sweet!! You two sound like a match made in heaven. I love it!!