Thursday, September 18, 2008

Where the heck is your blog, lady?

Well, I am human and must humbly admit the imbalance in my life. There were signs and a slow build-up of a disconnect, still, I just got smacked in the face with it because I refused to adhere to the warning signs. I guess I have always been one to not take the advice of others and have always been more of a hands-on, do it and learn for myself kind of person. Let me just say, at the first hint of God's voice, be obedient!

I placed too much emphasis and priority in catering to my clients that my portfolio became more important than my family and even superseded my devotional time. My family would have been the first to notice the change. I've been cranky and tired and impatient and irritable. I started to notice my own irritability and soon weakness followed. I am nothing and useless without first seeking Christ. I need his refreshing daily to keep me full and strong in every area of life.

I continued along this path for two weeks now ignoring everything around me. I even got boastful enough to think how cool it was that I didn't catch any of the colds from my lil' kiddos. Too much of anything isn't a good thing and we (Todd and I) had too much freedom and fun last weekend. So my week started with a bladder infection which is now a full blown kidney infection complete with nausea, vomiting, chills, a sore back, oh and the insatiable need to pee. I apologize for the graphic nature of all that. I'm ticked at myself. I know better.

That explains the fewer posts over the last couple of weeks. I won't be taking anymore evening appointments and will only photograph on Saturday. The number of sessions I take per week will be limited. My family needs me, they depend on me so I need to have time for them. More importantly, I need to be my best for them and my clients and I need time with the Lord first in order to be my best.

I've been struggling with a few personal relationships lately and how to handle each situation. My study time today was pretty clear, consistent, and to the point.

"You will never be called upon to give anyone more grace than God has already given you." Max Lucado Whoa! That got my attention. I don't really feel the need to follow that up with an explanation or background. It speaks pretty well all by itself. Judge and you shall be judged. Walk in love. Forgive.

Matthew 7:4-5
How can you think of saying "let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye" when you can't see past the log in your own eye. Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then perhaps you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye.

I am not perfect. If I'm going to spend some time sharpening my critical skills, I should begin with myself and ensure I am free of faults before I concern myself with other people's faults. That should keep me busy for oh, a lifetime.

I'm off to get my munchkins from preschool. I'm hoping to have a restful afternoon and lots of cuddles before I have to run to our evening commitments.

Walking in love,
Kari

4 drops of sunshine:

Tabbie:) said...

Oh how I can relate to your post. I am proud of you for recognizing and taking the steps to right the situation. I am in the same boat. Time with the Lord is crucial to ourselves, our families, and our situations.
Oh life, how it jumps right in the way. Sometimes I just hate being human...hee hee...sheesh!!!
God is good all the times at at all times, though and He is so faithful to us even when we haven't been very faithful to Him. What a GREAT God we serve!

Tabbie:) said...

PS. I love your blog!

Erica Young said...

That is funny because I too woke up Sunday with a bad bladder infection. Even though I'm currently taking medication for my bladder problems as it is and it's just making it worse. I know what you're going through and it's not pretty.

Joy Junktion said...

Well said girl.
I think there are times in most all of our lives when we get our priorities backwards.
I know I have done it more than I would like to admit.
Blessings as you spend time with your family.
Cindy