Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Updates

My stress related acne problem - turns out it likely was the lovely make up I pick up at the local drugstore. I switched, my face cleared up in a week, and I no longer look like I have some kind of disease. Yeah!

The married couple in my defining moment posts - I'm happy to report they decided to make it and forgo the break it part all together. The countenance of them both when your in their presence is 1,000 fold improved. I didn't share the couples names or the situation that occurred and won't. I will say it's a doosey but despite what happened they both seem relieved to have it over with and they are ready to move on. Like good ole' Dave Ramsey says "there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't an oncoming train." I'm thrilled for them and thank God daily for the miracles he is performing in their marriage.


I can't explain the heavy burden I experience when I see a couple struggling. My marriage is certainly not perfect, no marriage is, but I think mine is pretty close to how it was intended to be. Our love is pure, sweet, honest, compromising, committed, and most importantly eternal. It breaks my heart to see other couples suffering and not experience all that God intended their marriage to be. Still I pray and remain hopeful because I am fully aware of the places God has raised us up from.


Love prospers when a fault is forgiven.


I'm preparing for a week in Northern Michigan with my hubby, kids, and my parent's too. We're camping at a Yogi Bear campground which is sure to have lots of fun things for the kids to do. We're planning a trip to the Sand Dunes and the amusement Michigan Adventure. This amusement park is really family oriented and my children have never been to a park like this. I love amusement parks, roller coasters, and carnivals. I may be more excited about going than the kids are. I can't wait to ride the rides with them, hang out at the water park, and watch their faces light up with each new experience. I think I'm so excited because this is indicative of a typical family vacation from my childhood. I get to pass it on to my own children, share it with my husband, and to top it off, my parent's will be with us to share it all too. I'm so thankful to have a solid bond with my parent's, that we are able to share times like these, that they are both still with us, and it's a loving and fulfilling relationship.


Upon our return I get to put the finishing touches on a big 50th birthday party we're having for my mom! Followed by, lots of editing from the sessions I've recently had. Kevin and Jenn, it was a pleasure to photograph your family and little guy. Kelly and Krissi, you are both gorgeous and glowy, congrats Krissi! Meghan, Nancy, Amanda, and Teri, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you all and I can't wait to share your images with you.

It will be a week before I return so I can take full advantage of every drop of family time and vacation. Have a wonderful and blessed week!

Patty, Sto Lat!!





1 drops of sunshine:

Shannon said...

I've been to the Yogi bear campground! When we were growing up my mom took us camping all the time, and once on our way back from a trip out west we stopped there unexpectedly and stayed for a night. Its a vague memory but still there!

Hearing you share on the things God's done in your marriage is awesome! I hope nothing hinders your heart's desire to help others see God's ability to take the ashes of their marriage and create beauty.