Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Keep Dancing!

It is crazy what a touch of warmth outside and lots of sunshine can do for a soul. I feel great this week and I'm getting a lot done too. I typically start laundry on Monday and it takes me all week to get it done, but I already folded and put away my last load and I've only got a few things to iron for the hubs. The carpet has been vacuumed. The windows and bathroom are clean. The sun is beaming in the windows. It's awesome.

I took advantage of the lack of chill in the air yesterday and photographed a few things in the backyard. It's incredible how gorgeous nature can be even in death. I'm so excited for the first spring flowers to spring up. I'm not naive enough to think that 30 degrees won't turn but a girl can hope right?

Mallory and Hailey are playing quietly in their own bedroom. That hasn't happened in eight months and it is quite refreshing for them to have their own space.

While folding I was watching Color Splash on HGTV hosted by David Bromstead who one a season of Design Star. David is an utter genius. I love every room I have seen him makeover and he covers every inch and every detail. He checks out the client's home and really listens to what they hope for the redo then brings it to life. What I love most is at every reveal he is always so unsure of himself; so humble. He is so talented and completely unaware of it. Actually, maybe he is aware of his talent but could be better phrased by saying he really wants to ensure that it's exactly what the client had in mind. I draw so much creativity and inspiration from him and I would love to get my hands on a room of my own. In due time though.

David's attitude reminds me of my own. It isn't enough for me to trust my technical skill behind the camera. It is so much more important to me that the bond, love, and relationships are transferred and brought to life in each image. I used to be the most insecure and shy person on the planet. Now I'm confident in my technical ability and truly love meeting new people and getting to know who they are and what they mean to each other to create lasting memories. The Lord has blessed me in an amazing way, pulled me out of my shell, my box, and in a way I never thought would have been possible. The aspirations He has for us greatly supersede what we ever think is possible for ourselves.

What's that new song playing? I heard it on the radio this morning and it totally won my heart. Though I'm not twenty and still looking for my dream the rest is utterly true for me. Yeah I'm full of dents and tears but grateful for every war wound because in the end I have found me. Not only have I found myself, I have finally grown into being proud of who I am and no longer apologizing for any of it. My reflection cast off of other people's opinions was a pure state of bondage. I said I was over it many, many times but today I can finally say I am free! Free to be me!

This life has been a dance. The music may skip and the steps may change but the melody goes on and we keep moving. Keep dancing!

1 drops of sunshine:

Shannon said...

Hi Kari!

Love that song too! Just added it this week to my playlist also!

Enjoyed your post!