Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Fall Family Weekend

This is for sure the toughest season of my life. Each season somehow seems to feel that way though, in the midst of it. I am thankful for the moments I can steal away and be myself, just enjoy life, enjoy my family, be full of peace, and just be.

I had a Halloween event last week Friday which was very hard work and very busy work but so much fun and my husband and I met so many cute kids and their friendly parents. We spent the rest of the weekend in Port Sanilac at my favorite campground for one of their Halloween weekends. I spent the weekend thinking of the many things I have to still be grateful for...

belly laughs and snuggles around the campfire
warm, gooey pizza as a midnight snack
nieces and their friends that love to mother my twins
the crisp fall air
the glorious array of colors
the warmth of the sun on my face
a hubby who makes a good cup of joe, crispy bacon, and buttery scrambled eggs
holding hands while we walk with the kids
sometimes my body aches because I love him so much
I just need him close and to feel his love
having nothing to do but watch the children plan and giggle
enjoying 300 glorious pages in my latest book
playing at the park
watching Mallory and Hailey test their limits on the monkey bars
and laughing hystercially at how monkey-like the two of them are
getting bundled up to stay warm
a cozy pair of sweatpants and matching sweatshirt my husband bought me that I would otherwise never wear in public
hot cocoa
yummy chili
I didn't realize how much I loved food

It was a beautiful weekend and like the warmth of the sun on my face, there is warmth in my heart.

2 drops of sunshine:

Tabbie:) said...

I love that you can find and reflect on the simple joys of life even in the midst of a tough season. God will honor that! I prayed that God would cover you today and continue to help you see the small joys everyday!

Erica Young said...

I was going to say camping in October but you have your camper, so that's better. Was that halloween event you used that big canvas of Faith for? If so, how did it go? Get any jobs?