Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Todd's reclaim to fame

I love a good list. Typically they contain things such as laundry, grocery shopping, a project I'm working on, etc. Today I thought I'd lighten up the feel of my list with some things that I'm loving lately.

My best friends wedding
When Hailey tells her food "get in my belly"
Snuggling the babies in the church nursery
Helping Todd with homework and getting rewarded with chocolate mouse tracks ice cream
Another close friends bridal shower as she prepared to marry her prince charming, literally, he
LOVES her
When Hailey swirls her hand above her head and asks "can we do that angels all around us thing" when she asks for bedtime prayer
Having girls that know how to make their beds on the top bunk themselves AND put their clean clothes away
A son who unloads the dishwasher and loves to run the vacuum
When Mallory wakes up before the rest of the girls and asks "can we cuddle for a minute, but don't got 'seep' mommy"
Standing beside my son as he raises his hands, yes both hands, to praise his God; I had me an ugly cry!
My shoot sac! Oh how I love thee
The fact that Todd came home after work one day with a gift, wrapped and all for me. It was my new D200! D200, oh how I love thee as well
Learning endless lessons at a very poorly lit fashion show for the Crossroads Crisis Pregnancy Center.
Feeling full and blessed after photographing the Walk-for-Life for the Crisis Pregnancy Center as well.
I love charity work
A good mocha for breakfast
Lunch daily with Mallory and Hailey
Walks to school to pick up Faith and Karli
Warm cups of cider
Cinnamon donuts
An e-mail from an old friend
A phone call from a close friend and preparing to go for a visit and photograph her and her son
Changing leaves
Crisp, cool, air
Evening fires
Twilight; I can't put it down
Extreme Home Makeover Edition who built a 4500 sq. ft. home for a mother of 4 who also took in her 10 nieces and nephews when her sister died! Awesome!
This I know I've mentioned before, but my head in Todd's lap while he runs his fingers through my hair
Snuggling in a warm bed, windows open, and a cool breeze blowing in
although, not good for the throat.

1 Corinthians 10:13
Temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it.

I was tempted to ramble and complain about a particular circumstance that continues to occur daily at the twins preschool. I easily bite my tongue now after spending a few moments to reflect on all the good things in my life. The things I enjoy. The things that make me realize just how blessed I am.

Todd recently shared with me his disappointment for his lack of stardom on my blog recently. Explaining how "other woman boast about their husbands on their blogs all the time." I actually told him "well they are expressing thanksgiving and gratitude for all the things their husbands do to make them feel loved." Ouch, right! I soon realized, all though I'm too bull headed to have admitted my wrong and apologized yet, that Todd does all kinds of things on a regular basis to make me feel loved. He sacrifices things daily to accommodate me and express his affection toward me. So what's wrong with me then? I simply took them for granted and began to no longer notice.

So Todd, this is your post babe! The first of many cameos where I'll express my gratitude for the many selfless and loving things you do to let me know how much you love and adore me. Okay, I'm pouring it on a little thick, no. Seriously though. I love you. I'm grateful for you. I'm sorry for taking you and all the things you do for me for granted. xoxo!

1 drops of sunshine:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Todd, you do so many special things that it is only note worthy when you don't. Kari, you are a devoted wife. I admire the way you speak highly of your husband!