Friday, September 26, 2008

Short and Sweet

Can I just tell you all real quick, I'm feeling a bit melancholy. We're having our used costume sale at Polish dance for the next few weeks. We buy our pieces from Poland, very expensive, and so when our children grow out of things we swap them with other families. We make a bit of money back to go toward our new pieces that aren't available at the used costume sale and another family gets to save money at the same time. Great deal, great idea. I typically have nothing to offer because when one grows out of a piece, it just gets passed on to another child. Last year was the twins first dance recital and already they have grown out of jazz shoes and their first pair of rockn', black, patent leather, authentic, polish boots. My heart is broken! I'm done with them. I have no one left to save them for. My babies are closer to five then they are to four! It makes me want to spend the day reading to them on the couch, pushing them on the swing outside, and go for a walk. I better get it all in while they'll still let me!

2 drops of sunshine:

Joy Junktion said...

How interesting Kari,
I have been a bit melancholy myself. As I approach my 50th birthday I have been doing a lot of 'reflection' lately.
Time goes so quickly.
Yes, take the time to read to them and just love on them while they will let you.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

It is really bitterswett to watch them grow up isn't it. Amazing, miraculous, and sometimes panic inducing...