Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Princess...
You Life is a Symphony

You are to me a beautiful song. Your life is a sweet symphony that I Myself am composing note by note. I take your failures, your tears, and your triumphs, and I turn them into a glorious harmony that will be sung in the heavens for all eternity. All your thoughts and deeds are laid before Me like notes on a page. Every choice you make is a significant chord in an eternal arrangement. Don't let the noise of the world destroy your magnificent melody, My beloved. Seek Me in the quiet stillness of the morning, and I will fill your heart with divine music. Stay in rhythm with My Spirit throughout the day, and I will make your life an irresistible medley that will linger like sweet perfume in the hearts of all that journey with you. Walk with Me in absolute surrender, and you will draw others to Me in a rhapsody of praise.

Love,
Your King and your Composer

Pslam 40:3 NIV He has given me a new song to sing, a hum of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in the Lord.

I just love that little book! It has taken me on a journey to discover who I am in Christ and learn how much he loves me. I'm studying and dabbling in a few areas but want to take some time to specifically study God's love for me. I am praying for a new revelation in it.

Todd and I are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary this coming Monday. Its approach has had me contemplating our life together. Where we started. The trials we've endured. The way God has always had an abundance of grace and mercy on us. The way he has always been faithful to forgive. The many times he has restored us. My dad once told Todd "you're the only person I know who can fall in a pile of crap and come out smelling like a rose." This has been true of our life together. God has brought us through. On the other side we are stronger and smell pretty because we are covered in His fragrance.

Today I am grateful for God's hand that has been continually over us. Even when we didn't know it. When we lived in sin. When we got ourselves into a mess and begged Him to bail us out. He had His hand over us; over me. When I didn't yet know Him. When I did, and turned my back against Him. Oh yes, I've been saved for 12+ years but I have not always been faithful and spent a good portion of those years either back-slidden or tap dancing on the fence. While I'm still not yet there, I've learned not to strive for perfection because it's unattainable. All God wants from me, from all of us is to love Him with all our hearts, minds, and bodies truthfully and authentically. I have laid more of myself at the foot of the alter than ever before.

Today I am filled with thanksgiving and gratefulness because I can look back on my life and see His had at work. In these next days and weeks I am gong to share our story. What God has done for us and my revelation of His love for me and for you. Buckle up! It isn't a story of romance and perfection, but of trials, errors, and restoration. Rather, errors that lead to trials, that lead to restoration. We are what most would consider "street smart." But, I'm not ashamed (anymore) and in the end God deserves all the glory.

My biggest testimony about marriage is that it absolutely has to be Christ-centered. If you put God first in your lives and be second to each other, does that mean you live a life without trials, problems, stress, and arguments? On the contrary. To quote my favorite teacher Joyce Meyer "God promises a lot of things and one of them is tribulation." Putting God first in your home provides a firm foundation, builds up your spirit, and renews your mind which prepares you to work together and lean on each other in the midst of trial. In our marriage, I've done most of the leaning and Todd has carried the heavy burden of my dead weight. In our story you will hear about the days when running was my first instinct. You will learn that I abandoned that instinct (not a pretty day) because of Todd's strength and stamina and learned to tough it out. Todd and I purposed ourselves to commit and stay committed and keep God near. In the midst of trials we cleave to each other and come out stronger and closer on the other side.

I have the New Living Translation One Year Bible that I read daily (most of the time) and today I read Romans 12:1-21. I encourage you to get your bible out and read it today or google it even. When I first began my blog Romans 12:2 NLT was (and still is) my basis and foundation. "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." The rest is the best advice I've ever read for how to live a peaceful life. I think the whole chapter will become my "motto" and goal.

I will leave you with this. Ephesians 1:3-8 NLT All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.

There is A LOT of revelation in just those few verses alone!

0 drops of sunshine: