Thursday, June 12, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance

The first round of competition where the public can vote began last night. My favorite performance last night was Katee and Joshua choreographed by Tabitha and Napoleon D'Umo whose choreography I'm in love with! Chelsea and Thayne also pulled off a fantastic performance as did Rayven and Jamie also choreographed by Tabitha and Napoleon.

At the moment my very favorite top 10 girl is Kortni Lind although I didn't really appreciate last nights performance. She is really an amazing and technical dancer. So far the guys are lovely but there isn't just one fellow yet that stands out for me.

I'm not sure how many of my readers will be following and joining me in my love affair with SYTYCD but there will be frequent posts of my favorites.

I danced for six or seven years when I was growing up but certainly never attained the technical ability these dancers have achieved. I have always had a love for dance and music; it just lives deep within my soul. I personally was trained using the choreography along the lines of Bob Fosse and didn't learn to appreciate today's contemporary dance until I was an adult. Now I love, love it! Still love Fosse and all things broadway though too.

2 drops of sunshine:

Erica Young said...

I love that show! Kevin and I have been DVR'ing them so I didn't have a chance to watch last nights episode, we are still watching the auditions. I'll let you know who my fav is when we watch it.

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

i didn't realize it had started yet...i need to DVR it!