Friday, May 9, 2008

Stickers baby! Stickers!

I'm happy this morning about a couple of things. I'm happy I discovered stickers! Actually, they've been around the house just sitting in a junk drawer for months, left over from some Girl Scout project.

I have had a tough time getting my twin toddlers to a. eat and b. stay seated for a meal. Dr. James Dobson described it this week as "a little wiggle God put in there." Well, it's frustrating! The usual routine consists of stand up, sit down, move to the knees, potty break, stay on the chair but lay on my belly, etc. So this morning I experienced an absolute miracle. My twin girls both sat nicely at the table and ate a bowl of cereal, without getting up. About half-way through their bowls I noticed and said "very nice job girls, I'm so happy you are sitting at the table and eating your breakfast." They were already so proud of themselves. So after they gobbled up all their cereal, another miracle, I quickly adorned them each with a small sticker. I swear light shown down from heaven and I could hear the choir sing! You know that loud opera AAAAAAAAAAAA! It was awesome.

Soon I could see their little brains working and trying to figure out how they could get another sticker. Before long they each asked for a snack. Wouldn't you know it, they both sat perfectly at the table with their applesauce. Of course they were given yet another sticker.

So now the chatter around the house sounds something like this, "we're going to be goooood listeners today mommy" and "we're not going to make a big mess today mommy."

Like I said, stickers baby! Stickers!

Secondly, I'm encouraged by some reading I did this morning. Many know this story in John chapter 6 where God supernaturally fed a multitude of 5,000+ when he had only 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish to start with. I'm thinking, if God can feed that many people supernaturally and he is the same yesterday, today, and forever then he can certainly supernaturally multiply my finances!

3 drops of sunshine:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Hmmm... I think I need to go get me some stickers. :) Some days mothering a 1, 3, and 5 year old can be overwhelming. Rewards do go a long way for these little people. :)
I so admire your desire to surrender your finances! This really is a struggle for many people. Us included. God is so faithful!

Anonymous said...

I'm going out to buy stickers RIGHT NOW!! LOL! I love it!
I do love stickers too. Remember having sticker books when we were young?!
I will definitely have to get my girls sticker books too. They just love to adorn my housewallswindowscomputertv with stickers! :)

I tagged you on my page today! Come look and play tag:)

And yes my dear, YOU are HIS BELOVED!! I just know in my heart that financial abundance is knocking on your front door:) He's just like that with those He loves!
I can't remember if I shared this with you or not, it has been so long since we've talked:( (I have MISSED You as we both have been busy diving into blog land!) but God has just dumped some revelation in my heart that has transformed my LIFE! I preached it last month at church...you can listen to it if you want to at www.getgodfree.com just scroll down to "April 6,2008 Kelly Chorley" Then lets talk talk talk!
Sending smiles and love to you today!! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you for real about that heading for your photo blog?? I just came up with that in my own head the other day! You really do live in my head don't you?! Have you seen another header like this? Wondering if anyone else is in my head LOL!
Girlfriend...I would only be honored...you make it for your photoblog! (of course, pictures of you would make more sense LOLOLOL!!!)