Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I've chosen a path, no longer luke warm, starring at the fork in the road.

Wow! I can't believe it's been nearly a month since my last post. I got a little burnt out from trying to cram too much into each morning and took a necessary break. I've been in the word, the hubs and I are in agreement on a few things, and have chosen a path instead of continuing to look at the fork in the road.

I've had a few things stirring in me for some time and the hubs and I have made some preliminary decisions but continue to pray about them to ensure we're in the will of God before we make any commitments. We've been praying independantly but it's time for corporate prayer. We're praying a lot about our home church and the area of the state in which we'll continue to raise our children because the two are certainly connected. I also feel as though we are being called up, preparing for change or for promotion. But, before we can be relied upon there are a few things we need to change at home both personally and on a family level.

I've said before that I've been saved for more than ten years but I didn't surrender and commit to a relationship with Jesus until January, 2008. I've been learning more and more how to walk in the spirit and follow peace to remain within the will of God. There are a few things that won't change very soon because although we know they will change, we aren't released to do so yet; like where we live. Todd and I have each had our own independent devotional time and personal relationship with the Lord but have yet to really incorporate them together. And, although we each pray for our children and pray general prayers with them before meals and bedtime we haven't really prayed with them, not specifically or specifically enough. We also need some devotional time with our children so they aren't just studying on their own but it's a corporate family activity. God is calling us to be a Godly family, to walk in the spirit together and to truly train our children in the Lord and prepare them to be Godly adults and not just look like a Godly family.

If any of you follow me on Facebook you will know I quoted Joyce Meyer this morning who said "much like we have to wind up the alarm clock to prepare us for the day, the first thoughts we have while lying there in the morning wind us up for the day." Much like we have to set a clock, we need to set our minds! It's time to make a decision once and for all to get our hearts right, to get our body's right, to get our homes right. Once you make up your mind to do something, nothing can detour or persuade you otherwise. It's time to get fit in mind, body, and soul and teach our children to do the same. It starts first thing, every morning.

If we get ourselves right the rest will fall into place. I know this through personal experience. We have always had an abundance of grace and mercy upon us and I can only image as we go deeper in the Lord how much richer our lives will be. I'm ready to be called up, to get promoted. I'm ready to not only be a hearer of the word but a doer also. I'm ready to be used by God. I didn't endure all that I have in my life just to accumulate a testimony that will never be shared. God uses everything for his glory. I'm ready to be used! Send me!

Hebrews 12:14 Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.

I am salt and light but those who are not holy will not see it and will not be seasoned if I live a mediocre, luke warm life.

5 drops of sunshine:

Shannon said...

Glad you're back:)

Tabbie:) said...

Wow!
Incredible post!!
I felt excited as I read your post, something is stirring huh...I can't wait to see where God is taking you and your family!!
Glad you are back, been missin you.

Melissa said...

Amazing Kari--- you are a blessing!

Joy Junktion said...

What an encouraging post Kari.

It sounds as though God is really laying the ground work for your future and HIS purpose in your lives.

So glad to hear that you and hubby are learning the value of praying together.

Blessings to you all,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Hey stop by when you get a minute I have something for you!