Tuesday, June 17, 2008

His Princess....

I have several little devotional type books I read daily as part of my morning routine. They each contain little nuggets of scripture and wisdom for each day.

I recently came across this in my sweet little book titled His Princess-Love Letters from Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd. I've learned more about who God says I am in this sweet little book than any other. Today, I cling to this:

My Princess...
I will redeem a time for you.

I know that sometimes you look back on your life with anguish and regret-so much time wasted on things that did not matter. But take heart, My love. I am your Redeemer, and today is a new day. So start now by seeking My plans, which are to give you hope and a future. Just as I used hardship in Joseph's life to lead him to a position of leadership, influence, and blessing, I've also called you. I will use your past to carve into your character everything you need for the here and now. I want you to let your past experience teach you and not torment you. Remember, My princess, I will always turn into good what others meant for harm. I will redeem what was lost and place you on the narrow road that leads to an everlasting life.

Love,
Your King and your Redeemer

"For I know the plans I have for you." Declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

1 drops of sunshine:

Erica Young said...

Kevin has my phone until his new one comes in. I want to read that book when you're done.