Thursday, February 21, 2008

Got it right in some ways, not so much in others…

First, a few victories and miracles! My husband and I haven’t been consistent tithers in a while so we made a commitment to tithe again and have enjoyed watching things change and supernaturally come our way. The first, we had two separate appointments for personal reasons that would cost us $350 per appointment. Those two separate appointments were eventually condensed to one which saved us $350! The second, I recently did a pretty large billing project for the company I’m an independent contractor for which more than doubled my typical income for the month! The third, when I first completed my taxes online, like I do every year, we were not going to get a refund from the IRS or from the lovely state of Michigan. In fact, we owed $1200+ to Michigan and $200+ to the IRS. When taking a second glance a few more credits presented themselves that I missed the first time around. That ultimately changed our tax situation to owing Michigan just over $1000 and getting a refund of over $900 from the IRS! Test God, dare him and he will always prove faithful! We recently paid off a student loan and I’m prepared to make that first payment for my Medical Transcription course. I’m also into the first chapter of my book titled “The Summer Before She Turned Sixteen.”

Photobucket

Now onto the misses; I’m not ashamed, everyone stumbles! I’ve developed a very strong start to my vision board, though it isn’t finished yet or hanging in the kitchen. I plan to get that finished up this week and buy the bulletin board to hang everything on. I’ll have to post a photo of it when it’s up.

vision

I’m glad I didn’t waste my money on the book The New Earth that I intended to read and take the online seminar/course at Oprah.com. I did some research first and found that other Christian readers found it to not line up with our faith. Instead, I’ve committed to and have already started on The Purpose Driven Life which a lovely friend of mine graciously lent to me last summer. Thank you my precious gift ;) I miss you! In my opinion, that shouldn’t really count as a miss but another win because I’ve got something that is good for my soul and I trust it will change my life. I shamefully have to admit, I attempted to give up fast food, McDonalds in particular and failed miserably! I sweat the put something in that food that creates an addiction! Thank you Jesus for freedom from addictions! He he!

priceless

My 40 days begins anew today and I’m off to an excellent start with some new goals. I will NOT eat McDonald’s or fast food of any kind. If eating out is absolutely unavoidable then I will make healthier choices. In fact, I have a date with my husband and Papa Vino’s Saturday! I already know I’ll order Chicken Arrabiata, angel hair pasta and a grilled chicken breast, topped with the most amazing marinara sauce. Followed by my one glass of red wine per day as suggested by Dr. Oz (I don’t really drink wine every day though). Dr. Oz is the first doctor I’ve met that is a living example of how you should treat your body and readily announces the need for supplements if you know you don’t get what you need through food. He actually agrees we should all avoid anything white like the plague! People, we need a revelation in our lives; everything white (food) IS the plague! It kills us! That isn’t to say that I have rid my house of the lousy stuff completely though. I’m a work in progress. Not to mention, my kids are going to hate it!

lol!

This morning I took my vitamins, I’m counting calories, working out, and journaling it all. Not for weight loss (not that I couldn’t stand to lose a few pounds) but I’m on the road to becoming of sound mind, body, and soul. I’ve deleted and cancelled the DVR recordings of many shows I typically watch that are just rubbish to limit my TV and intake of filth. This is my final day of spending so many hours behind this computer. It is an amazing and important object in my life, I need it to work, but too much priority has been placed upon it recently. I had to update my blog though! My newly found spare time will be filled with bubble baths, books, board games, giggles, and intimate moments with my precious husband and Jesus.

flinstones

I have to confess the basis for this new beginning comes after hitting rock bottom literally. Without delving too many embarrassing details, I missed it big time with my husband this week and worsened things by using my words as a sword to another important person in my life. I can’t take any of it back but I have realized just how selfish and rough around the edges I really am. I don’t like the person I am today so I’ve invited my Lord into my heart to change me. I can’t bear ever behaving again the way I have earlier this week and so many times previous to that. With time God will strip away the shame and guilt and with that I will hopefully gain forgiveness from the person I have so painfully wronged. I hurt my husband this week and my family in the process; they have each forgiven me. The other person, unfortunately forgiveness won’t be so easy to achieve. I truly hope everyone knows that you will absolutely reap what you sew! If you put garbage in, you get garbage out. Turn over a new leaf and take care of yourself. It’s impossible to give love and walk in love if you don’t first love yourself. It is my belief that true self love and a whole self can only come from an intimate relationship with Jesus. Our Pastor recently said “this isn’t a dress rehearsal, we only get one life, this is it!” How will you live yours? How will you be remembered?

self love

I’m not sure if the one I have wronged is a subscriber or will come upon this one day, but know that even though my previous actions do not match my current words and heart, my love for you is deep, wide, and eternal! You are precious to me. I’ve once before deeply offended one other person the way I have offended you; that was my first regret. The words written to you yesterday are my second. I am truly sorry for my hasty and angry words and my heart aches. I hope to one day be granted forgiveness and find a relationship of mutual friendship, love, respect, and peace.

Forgiveness

On a lighter note in closing, my twin babies celebrated their 4th birthday on Monday. Here are a few pictures from their birthday party. Sto Lat my lovely girls! Don’t you want to just eat em’ up!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 drops of sunshine:

Leslie said...

awesome goals, and outlook.

we do have to rid our lives from things isn't that how we get to be closer and closer like him.... :)

Thanks for the open heart and the sweet note on my blog...your twins are DARLING!

HisGracie said...

About reaping what you sow...remember...the blessing of Christianity is that we have the ability to choose to reap what Jesus sowed! He sowed His blood, and we can reap forgiveness, blessing, prosperity, peace, love...all around us...favor with God and with man. I've chosen not to 'pay' for all of my wrong actions...but rather to call upon His blood and let Him pick up the tab....I want to reap what He sowed...and He invites us to to that very thing! Every time we make a mistake, act out of our own flesh, rebellion, selfishness...any of it. Every sin we committed, past present and future, was completely paid for in full! Reap Him!